Tuesday 5 January 2021

Chunz Korean Corn Dog @ Aman Central, Alor Setar, Kedah [GPS]

Corn Dog is one of the well-known snacks in Korea. It is one of the stalls I often see when traveling in Korea and there is such a stall outside the hotel where I live. Corn Dog is not just a usual sausage that fried with the batter. The authentic Korea Corn Dog is often stuffed with the other ingredients, like Mozarella Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, and Tteokbokki, then coated with the batter and breadcrumbs, and lastly sprinkle some sugar on top after deep-fried. And to enrich your tastebud, you may even change the breadcrumbs into sweet potatoes or potato bites to enjoy the different tastes and textures.



Located at Aman Central, Alor Setar, Kedah, Chunz is one of the well-known Corn Dog franchise in Malaysia. As of today, the brand has more than 10 outlets in Malaysia, like in Pavilion KL, IOI City Mall Putrajaya, KLIA 2, Paradigm Mall, Times Square, and so on. While in October 2020, Chunz has finally entered the market in Alor Setar, Kedah. You can easily spot it next opposite to the 4FINGERS Korean Fried Chicken.






Like other brands, Chunz has also offered an array of flavors in the store. I ordered "Mozza Cheddar" during my visit. It is the Corn Dog that comes with Half Sausage, Half Mozzarella, and Cheddar Cheese. And to make it more flavourful, I changed the breadcrumb into "Popo Pluff" which is referring to the french fries.

Since all the foods are fried upon order, so it took me some time to wait for my order. After my Corn Dog is ready, the employee asked me to opt for my favorite sauces. I picked Korean BBQ sauce, Ketchup, and Chili for my Corn Dog. Unlike Myung Rang, the customers here are not allowed to "press" sauces themselves. Another cons is the sauces here were not as much as Myung Rang and there is an extra charge for premium sauces and condiments, like cheese.

Taste: 7.5 (1 bad → 10 good)

Nevertheless, to be frank, Chunz's Corn Dog tastes not bad either. It is so crispy and crunchy, and the cheese is very stringy. Not forget to mention that, the beef lover may change the Chicken Hot Dog into Beef Hot Dog as well. Price-wise, I thought that it was average. It cost me RM 14.60 for the total bill, which including a cup of drink and an extra charge of RM 1.50 for the topping changes.

Ratings:
Service: 7.5 (1 bad → 10 good)
Price: 7.5 (1 expensive → 10 cheap)
Ambiance: 7.5   (1 bad → 10 good)
Parking: 7.5 (1 bad → 10 good)
Service charge: -
Government tax: -

Business Info:
Address:  Lot 4-K03-A-B Level 4, No.1, Lebuhraya Darul Aman, Kampung Lubok Peringgi, 05100 Alor Setar, Kedah.  
Contact Number: -
Operating Hours: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm (Daily)
URL: https://www.chunz.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment